Thursday, March 14, 2024

Naomi Campbell Just Convinced Me, a WFH Girl, to Buy This Sexy Office Staple - InStyle

Before starting my first office job right out of college, my mom took me to a Loft. There, I begrudgingly tried on unflattering cigarette pants and blouses that made my then 21-year-old self sad. It was my first introduction to “business attire” and it was, to put it bluntly, bleak. Everything felt stiff, dated, and unwearable beyond those hours I was clocked into work. Fortunately, that was my last strict-dress-code office job, which means I haven't once thought about this way of dressing since. But somehow, I’ve caught myself revisiting the genre I thought I had written off for good, and it’s all because of Naomi Campbell.

Earlier this week, the supermodel visited the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, which is displaying the “Noami: In Fashion” exhibit. For the outing, she wore the chicest take on business wear I’ve ever seen. Her three-piece look brought modern, feminine touches to work staples. Her wide-leg gray trousers featured a pleat down the front and a super high waist; her matching, blazer-inspired duster that was hooked just once further gave a waist-cinching effect. And, poking out from underneath the coat was a silky black button-down blouse that was both elegant and sexy.

Frame the Standard Silk Shirt

Frame

Gap Satin Shirt

GAP

When I was forced to wear office attire, blouses were the bane of my existence. Materials looked (and felt) cheap, feminine touches like ruffles were added haphazardly, and nothing felt versatile enough to wear outside of work. But looking at Campbell’s silk top, I felt compelled to add one to my closet. For starters, her button-down looks luxe. The silk has a lustrous finish, and I adore how the placket and collar are designed with a slightly more muted black than the rest of the top; those oversized buttons are just *perfection,* too. Between the silk design, which skims the body just perfectly, and Campbell’s choice to leave the top few buttons undone, she made the business-staple feel sexy and cool.

For me, I love the idea of pairing this top with more casual pants, like a wide-leg jean, and a pair of pointed-toe kitten heels. The blouse and jeans perfectly balance out each other, while the heels emphasize the sexiness of the look. Plus, if I ever find myself in need of a sophisticated business look (hopefully not!), I will have this classic piece to lean on. Shop more silk button-downs inspired by Campbell’s modern business look, below.

Get the Look:

Madewell Darted Button-Down Shirt
Shop now
: $25 (Originally $88); madewell.com

Banana Republic Bliss Silk Resort Shirt
Shop now:
$90 (Originally $150); bananarepublic.gap.com

Reformation Jeremiah Silk Top
Shop now
: $168; thereformation.com

Nordstrom Pocket Satin Button-Down Shirt
Shop now
: $100; nordstrom.com 

Chigant Satin Shirt
Shop now
: $31; amazon.com

Everlane the Washable Clean Silk Relaxed Shirt
Shop now
: $150; everlane.com

Adblock test (Why?)



from "sexy" - Google News https://ift.tt/cXNfImQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eva Mendes Says Husband Ryan Gosling Helps Her Feel "Sexy" - MarieClaire.com

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Eva Mendes Says Husband Ryan Gosling Helps Her Feel "Sexy"    MarieClaire.com from "...