Saturday, January 27, 2024

Coi Leray Embraces 'Grown and Sexy' on Feel-Good Single 'Wanna Come Thru' - Yahoo Entertainment

Coi Leray - Credit: Courtesy of Island Records
Coi Leray - Credit: Courtesy of Island Records

Coi Leray has dropped a new single, “Wanna Come Thru.” The sultry track, produced by Mike WiLL Made-It, marks her first release for new label Island Records.

“This song is about me on my grown and sexy,” Leray explained in a statement. “Grown and sexy means being so in love with yourself — that it is one of the most sexiest, maturest, grownest things that a woman can do. As you get older and you tap into your womanhood and your femininity and I feel like you should embrace that. It’s feeling good for yourself; looking in the mirror and just loving yourself. 2024 is going to be my grown and sexy era. I’m taking over this year. I’ve got so much new music and a whole new side of me to get to know.”

More from Rolling Stone

Mike WiLL Made-It added, “It’s a culture shifting record. The song is just fresh and forward pushing. What I love about it is it sounds simple and easy to digest and instantly puts you in a mood. It’s the best feeling ever to be able to create a song that makes the listener feel good. This is hit number one fasho, we have plenty more on the way. The Ear Drummer/ Trendsetter Way.”

Last summer, Leray released her sophomore LP, Coi. The 16-track effort featured collaborations with David Guetta, Saucy Santana, and Lola Brooke. She also joined Raye on “Flip a Switch,” David Guetta and Anne-Marie on “Baby Don’t Hurt Me,” and Sabrina Carpenter on “Nonsense,” and her song “Self Love” with Metro Boomin was featured on the soundtrack to Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

In August, Leray shared a new EP, Blue Moon, which featured single “Isabel Marant.” “This EP, I get vulnerable. I got tired of ‘trying’ new things and wanted to just do what I do BEST,” Leray wrote of the release on Instagram. “I have a hard time with telling my story because I get wrapped up in the media narratives, however music is the best way for me to tell it. Sorry I can’t argue with yall on the internet all day. It’s my life, my story, so why not let me tell it? Shit.. at least give me a chance to.”

Leray will perform at Coachella in April, taking the stage during the Sunday lineup.

Best of Rolling Stone

Adblock test (Why?)



from "sexy" - Google News https://ift.tt/GI2ALe0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bella Hadid Posts Sexy Instagram Photos at Victoria Secret Show - TMZ

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Bella Hadid Posts Sexy Instagram Photos at Victoria Secret Show    TMZ from "sexy" - Goo...