Thursday, June 22, 2023

Kajol says Saroj Khan wanted to slap her and Saif Ali Khan because they couldnt shoot sensuous song: I dont understand the words sexy and sharam - The Indian Express

Actor Kajol admitted that she finds it next to impossible to portray sexiness and shame on screen, and normally just asks her directors exactly what kind of expressions they want from her. Kajol will soon be seen in director Amit Ravindernath Sharma’s short film in the Netflix anthology Lust Stories 2. In the run-up to the film’s release, Kajol recalled how the late choreographer Saroj Khan threatened to hit her and Saif Ali Khan because they couldn’t stop giggling during the shoot of a sensuous song sequence.

Recalling the experience of shooting the song “Hothon Pe Bas Tera Naam Hai” from the film Ye Dillagi with Saif Ali Khan, Kajol told Radio Nasha that it was ‘terrible’. She explained, “There are two things, the word sexy and the word ‘sharam’, I can’t relate with these emotions. When somebody tells me I have to bat my eyelids and act coy, I can’t comprehend it. I don’t understand the emotion, but if you give me a set of features to move in a particular way, I get that.”

She said everybody’s idea of ‘lust’ is different. “It’s a subjective emotion, more than an objectively explained one,” she said. Asked if she has ever been able to portray this emotion on screen, Kajol said, “I’ve never been able to. Most of the time I depend on my directors. You have to see how much Saroj ji wanted to slap us… On ‘Hothon Pe Bas…’ Saroj ji wanted to hit us. Saif and I couldn’t stop laughing. She’d say, ‘You aren’t taking this seriously, you’re ill-mannered kids’.

This is not the first time that an actor has spoken about the late choreographer’s demanding nature. Known to be a tough taskmaster, Saroj Khan developed creative partnerships with stars such as Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi. Lust Stories 2 will be released on Netflix next week. In July, Kajol will make her streaming series debut with Disney+ Hotstar’s The Trial.

Adblock test (Why?)



from "sexy" - Google News https://ift.tt/fovK83V
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

35 Inexpensive Non-Sexy Items Reviewers Are Totally Crushing On - BuzzFeed

[unable to retrieve full-text content] 35 Inexpensive Non-Sexy Items Reviewers Are Totally Crushing On    BuzzFeed from "sexy" ...